European Architectural History Network Newsletter
Developed publication concept for international electronic disciplinary periodical together with advisory editor Nancy Stieber and graphic designer Reto Geiser.
Edited thirteen quarterly issues, No. 1/07-No. 4/10.
Full responsibility for:
● commissioning and editing three articles per issue
> Explorations (an overview of a European institution in architectural history)
> Virtual Tour (a presentation of little-known jewels of architecture or urbanism in European cities or regions)
● assembling organizational news
● supervising ten-person editorial team (review and field editors, production staff) and thirty international correspondents
● all copy editing
● occasional translation of articles from German, French, and Italian into English
● supervising production in both HTML and PDF formats >>hide
Discontinued in mid-2012 to make way for the launch of the EAHN’s open-access peer-reviewed journal Architectural Histories, all issues of the newsletter are archived and available for download on the EAHN website.
Current Translation Project
Translation of architectural sections of Heinrich Brauer and Rudolf Wittkower, Die Zeichnungen des Gianlorenzo Bernini, 2 vols., Berlin: Keller, 1931, for revised expanded edition by Tod A. Marder in cooperation with the Bibliotheca Hertziana.
Image: Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Design for the catafalque to the Duc de Beaufort, 1669
Source: © The Trustees of the British Museum
Other Editorial and Translation Projects
● English editing: Ute C. Koch and Cristina Ruggero, editors, Heinrich Graf von Brühl (1700-1763). Ein sächsischer Mäzen in Europa, Dresden: Sandstein Verlag, 2017.
● English editing (with A. Forty, J. Kane, D. Millette, and N. Stieber): Michela Rosso, editor, Investigating and Writing Architectural History: Subjects, Methodologies and Frontiers. Papers from the Third EAHN International Meeting, Turin: Politecnico di Torino, 2014.
● English editing (with C. Kürüm and J. Radway): Hilde Heynen and Janina Gosseye, editors, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of the European Architectural History Network, Contactforum, Brussels: Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van Belgie voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten, 2012.
● Editing and translation: Herbert W. Rott, Palazzi di Genova. Architectural Drawings and Engravings, Corpus Rubenianum Ludwig Burchard, Part XXII (1), 2 vols., London: Harvey Miller, 2002.
Art historical editing of English translation by Michael Robinson. Translation of documents from Latin, French and Italian into English for documentary appendices I and II to volume 1, pp. 253-262.
● An eclectic range of other freelance editing and translation projects, with clients ranging from the Stiftung Bibliothek Werner Oechslin (Einsiedeln, Switzerland) to MandaLingua language school (Shanghai, China) and individual scholars in various humanities disciplines.
● German (fully fluent)
● Italian and French (good speaking skills, fluent reading and translation ability)
● Latin (reading and translation ability)